Monday, October 31, 2011

IVF Meds Update

Tomorrow will be our second follie check. The IVF Coordinator said that she believed after speaking with the RE after our scan on Friday that we would not have our ER until a week from today. I honestly cannot imagine going so long, and am concerned about what tomorrow's appointment will bring. I just hope that I haven't waited too long, I wish I would have gone in today instead... Trying to relax and have positive thoughts!

CD 36 / CD7
Day 13 of Lupron (10units, subQ injection)
A little red mark which seems to be normal, and I am pretty used to the itching/mosquito bite feeling
Day 6 of Menopur (75iu, subQ injection) + Bravelle (150iu, subQ injection)
I really began feeling bloated today! Grow follies grow!

CD 37 / CD8
Day 14 of Lupron (10units, subQ injection)
It is the never ending vial of meds. I am still using the original vial of Lupron. I cannot believe I have taken 210 units of Lupron out of this vial so far… and it still has some left!
Day 7 of Menopur (75iu, subQ injection) + Bravelle (150iu, subQ injection)
HOT FLASHES! Up until today I really haven’t had any side effects besides at the injection location. Today I felt awful, and although my skin was cool to the touch I was burning up!
Day 1 Doxycycline (10mg twice daily)
First day of antibiotics, Tom has been on them for five days and has complained every day that his stomach hasn’t felt well. He doesn’t do well on medicine so I really didn’t think much about it except for feeling sorry for him… well now I understand what he means… this little blue pill packs a big punch. If you are prescribed this with your IVF make sure that take this with food.

CD 38 / CD9
Day 15 of Lupron (10units, subQ injection)
No side effects that I have noticed…(I still have not emptied this little vial – I don’t know why I am so amazed by this)
Day 8 of Menopur (75iu, subQ injection) + Bravelle (150iu, subQ injection)
I have been experiencing major twinge/pinches in ovary area. I emailed my IVF coordinator who assured me it just means that my follies are getting nice and big and said she would see me in the A.M. I cannot imagine that I could possibly go a week from today before ER.
Day 2 Doxycycline (10mg twice daily)
Didn’t take my own advice and eat with my morning dose - total mistake NAUSEA!

Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, In a most delightful way ~ Mary Poppins

0 comments: