Friday, October 21, 2011

Music to My Ears


Last night we received a call from my step-father at about 7:00pm. He works the night shift and said that one of his employees had Sugarland tickets for a concert that would start in 30 minutes that they couldn’t attend, and wanted to know if we would like to go. Free tickets… for a concern in our new arena… a night out of the house? We were in! So we both quickly got ready and off we went. It was an awesome concert! If you like Sugarland, you must see them live, they put on a fabulous show! Kristian Bush actually gave out a guitar during the concert that was signed by Jennifer Nettles to a little girl in the stands (so sweet) he even walked it to her himself.

Maybe it is because we are starting IVF, but I found myself relating some of the lyrics to their songs to infertility. It just shows that no matter where you are, no matter how hard you try to forget, infertility follows.

Little Miss ~ "Yeah, sometimes you gotta lose 'til you win, It's alright, it's alright, it's alright, It'll be alright again"

Just Might ~ "But if you can look in my eyes, and tell me we'll be alright, If you promise never to leave, You just might make me believe"

Stand Up ~ "There's a comfort, there's a healing, High above the pain and sorrow, Change is coming, can you feel it, Calling us into a new tomorrow?"

CD 27
Day 4 of Lupron (20units, supQ injection)

Well, maybe I don’t have it down packed. No bruising but it did bleed a bit. I had a headache this afternoon, although I am not sure if it is related. I wake up before my husband so rather than having a man who is half a sleep stab me with a needle I give myself the injection… I think this weekend I will let him join in on the fun.

CD28
Day 5 of Lupron (20units, supQ injection)
No crazy dreams but I did wake up with a headache. Today’s injection was much better, no bleeding, no bruising, no pain… just a little itching.

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan

0 comments: